It is possible to just dye the stitches in your Mustang or any car if below conditions are met:
- Original stitches are light coloured (eg. White, Grey, etc.)
- Area near the stitches are made of leather or non absorbent fabric (eg. not Alcantara or Cloth)
Then you are in luck. Purchase pens such as FabricMate Marker:
Below is the procedure:
- Clean the surfaces and stitches to get rid of dust and grease
- Apply the dyer on the stitches using back and forth motion
- Do a length of about 50 cm
- Use a clean microfiber cloth wipe off the leather around the stitches
- It is important to leave sufficient time for the dyer to get absorbed into the stitches but not left too long on the leather. That is why 50 CM is a good length before wiping happens.
- Repeat the process until all stitches are completed.
- To do 4 seats and 4 doors, 1 FabricMate marker is sufficient.
- To complete a two tone look, for example the M-power scheme, one can use a red and a blue pen.
Here are some results:
Front Right Door
Front Seat Upholstery
Front Left Door