It is possible to just dye the stitches in your Mustang or any car if below conditions are met:
- Original stitches are light coloured (eg. White, Grey, etc.)
- Area near the stitches are made of leather or non absorbent fabric (eg. not Alcantara or Cloth)
Then you are in luck. Purchase pens such as FabricMate Marker:
Below is the procedure:
- Clean the surfaces and stitches to get rid of dust and grease
- Apply the dyer on the stitches using back and forth motion
- Do a length of about 50 cm
- Use a clean microfiber cloth wipe off the leather around the stitches
- It is important to leave sufficient time for the dyer to get absorbed into the stitches but not left too long on the leather. That is why 50 CM is a good length before wiping happens.
- Repeat the process until all stitches are completed.
- To do 4 seats and 4 doors, 1 FabricMate marker is sufficient.
- To complete a two tone look, for example the M-power scheme, one can use a red and a blue pen.
Here are some results:
Front Right Door
Front Seat Upholstery
Front Left Door
Hello again. Can you tell me if you can still buy these textures? I need red for my mustang. Please let me know if you can get this colour & post it to me & cost.
Hi. I was wondering if this would work on red stitching. I want to dye it to a teal blue and I’m not sure if there is a process. For example, do I need to dye it black then teal etc. Please let me know.
what color was this?
Thank you to Exotic Pony Mods for successfully activating my Iconic Tri-bar Day Time Running Lights, we completed the picture with simple install of EPM’s Tail Light Sequencers!